Harvest Apple Cake is a favorite in Cali's Kitchen! Fall brings many wonderful fruits and vegetables to the Framer's Market and apples are one of the season's classics.
This cake can be served plain (preferred at Cali's Kitchen), with cream cheese frosting, whipped cream or caramel sauce. Delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs and oil and mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the combined dry ingredients. The mixture will be very thick.
- Add apples and nuts by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until cake tests done with wooden toothpick.
- May frost with cream cheese icing or serve with whipped cream and/or caramel sauce.