Apple Crisp - the 'lazy' version of apple pie. Simple to prepare and perfect served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 10 cups peeled, cored and sliced tart apples (Granny Smith), approximately 8 apples
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Blend white sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Toss cinnamon-sugar mixture with apples and place in baking dish.
- Combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon, dark brown sugar, flour, quick oats and butter with an electric mixer until coarse crumbs form.
- Spread topping over apples.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a butter knife.
NOTE: If your baking pan is overfilled with apples and topping, be sure to place a rimmed cookie tray to catch all the drips.