If you had the opportunity to give Roasted Cauliflower a try and liked it, take it a step further and prepare Cauliflower Leek Soup. This is an easy and healthy weeknight dinner to prepare.
You may find using an immersion blender for pureeing soup much easier than using a blender since you do not have to transfer the hot soup to a blender and then back again to the saucepan. The immersion blender will give you a much easier cleanup!
Note: Roasted Cauliflower and Asiago Cheese were utilized as a garnish in the photo above.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a half sheet pan or cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Wash cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Spread cauliflower evenly in a single layer on baking tray. Bake 25-30 minutes until tender and browned.
- While cauliflower is roasting, soak leeks in water to remove all dirt/sand. Drain and dry.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add leeks and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add flour, stir until lumps are gone and browned, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add chicken broth, stirring well to uniformly incorporate flour into broth.
- Add roasted cauliflower to soup and puree with immersion blender (or transfer to a blender).
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Serve, using asiago cheese as garnish.
NOTE: You may add chili flakes or lemon juice to give this soup a kick.