Paninis are a fun twist to mix up a traditional sandwich, which can become monotonous and boring. There is something very satisfying about the delicious crunch combined with the melty cheese and delicious fillings of a panini!
A panini press came as a gift a couple of years ago. At the time I thought it was a peculiar gift choice, but the first time I used it I was hooked. What a delight!
If you do not have a panini press and are a sandwich lover, you should consider making the investment. The day my panini press goes kaput is the day that I will be ordering a replacement!
There are several paninis that I have grown to love, but Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper and Pesto is one of my all-time faves.
- Bread (such as bolero or ciabatta)
- Provolone cheese (or other good melting cheese such as mozzarella)
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers, well drained
- Rotisserie chicken, sliced
- Assemble sandwich as suited to personal taste and press to desired crispness.
It is that easy!!!
Inspiration for this panini came from the Something Extra Magazine published by Raley's / Bel Air a few years ago.