|Sautéed Red Swiss Chard from Cali's Cuisine.|
Spring is in full swing and Red Swiss Chard is abundant at the Farmer's Markets in Cali (and likely everywhere else)! We are a little embarrassed to admit that we have never purchased, prepared or even tasted Swiss Chard. Swiss Chard is known to be one of those 'very healthy' veggies choc-full of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
|Red Swiss Chard|
To prepare, stems and leaves should be separated. Stems should be cooked first because they are thicker and will take more time. Once stems are near cooked, leaves are added to complete the side.
- Swiss Chard (Red, Yellow, White, etc.)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- Salt (add to taste)
- White Pepper (add to taste)
- Serve with Lemon Juice (optional)
- Thoroughly wash and dry Swiss Chard.
- Combine Olive Oil and Garlic in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Tear stems from leaves and slice stems. Add to heated olive oil / garlic, stirring occasionally.
- While stems are cooking, slice leaves. Once stems are tender, add leaves to skillet or Dutch oven. Cook until leaves wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lemon juice (optional) to taste.
|Sautéed Red Swiss Chard.|