Pearl couscous is balls of toasted semolina flour. Texture is somewhat chewy and similar to acini de pepe (pasta).
Combining pearl couscous with ingredients typically found in a Mediterranean style salad is a great combo. This is a great salad on its own or can be served on the side of grilled chicken or seafood.
Many salads require marinating for a day or so to provide the best flavor. This salad can be consumed immediately after assembling or refrigerated for a day. Either way, delicious!
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb feta cheese, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced fine
- Boil couscous in 1 1/2 cups water until tender, approximately 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cucumber, feta cheese and red onion with drained couscous and lemon juice/olive oil mixture.
- Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for a day prior to serving.