While we at Cali's Cuisine generally do not approve the use of poppin' fresh dough as a general rule (sorry, Pillsbury Doughboy!), sometimes it is necessary to cheat a bit in the name of getting something on the table in order to maintain as much sanity as you still have at the end of a hectic day.
Refrigerated croissant dough combined with refried beans are the main ingredients of Taco Pizza. You can customize toppings to suit your taste.
- 2 tubes refrigerated croissant dough (reduced fat preferred)
- 1 can refried beans (vegetarian preferred)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Toppings of your choice such as:
- Diced tomatos
- Sliced olives
- Salsa or taco sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Plain yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line cookie or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the two croissant doughs side by side. Pinch seams together along preferations as well as between the two doughs.
- Bake 8 - 12 minutes or until beginning to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix refried beans with water and taco seasoning.
- When crust is slightly browned, remove from oven and evenly spread refried beans over the crust. Add cheese if desired.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake until thoroughly warmed, approximately 8 minutes.
- Cut into squares (12 works well) and serve with toppings as desired.
NOTE: Ground meat could easily be combined with refried beans if desired.