Time for August's #BundtBakers! This month's theme comes from Teri at Love and Confections. The challenge: Sprinkles off all sorts! Jimmies, colored sugar, nonpareils, dragées, candies, pearl sugar, etc. If it can be sprinkled and used to decorate a Bundt, inside and/or outside, it's fair game.
Seriously, Teri! What a fun theme! And THANK YOU for hosting!
I had no problem deciding that I was just going to go 'heavy handed' with rainbow sprinkles and make a 'Celebration' Cake. What are we celebrating?
A problem house on my street (so many people came and went we did not know who actually lived there) had a visit (dawn raid) from some nice people (federal agents) to encourage them to have better manners (not sure exactly what the bad manners were, but someone landed in jail). And that's all I'm going to say about that because federal agents tend to be very tight lipped about their investigations (they would not divulge any juicy details).
Pop the champagne and bring out the Celebration Confetti Bundt Cake!!! It seems all the people who came and went from the problem house have moved out!
The baking of the Celebration Confetti Bundt Cake happened to coincide with my daughter's summer book club meeting. (Yes, I'm trying to be the cool mom by holding a summer book club to get my daughter to read in the summer. I know this is actually very uncool.)
Here are a few of the comments from Fifth Graders:
"Thank you, pet unicorn."
"This tastes like fun."
"I'm living life to its fullest."
What do you have to celebrate???
CELEBRATION CONFETTI BUNDT CAKE
- 1 white cake mix (16.25 oz / 461 g), not with 'pudding in the mix'
- 1 small box (3.4 oz / 96 g) coconut cream flavor instant pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 (5.3 ounce / 150 g) Toasted Coconut Vanilla Flavor Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup rainbow nonpareils sprinkles
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- additional rainbow nonpareil sprinkles as desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare bundt pan with shortening and flour.
- Blend cake mix with pudding mix until well combined.
- Add eggs, oil, 1/3 cup almond milk, and yogurt.
- Blend 30 seconds on low speed of electric mixer. Scrape bowl. Mix 2 minutes on medium.
- Add 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- Bake 50 - 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in bundt pan. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine confectioner's sugar with 2 tablespoons almond milk.
- Drizzle icing on cake and top with additional rainbow sprinkles.
I'm ultra impressed with what the other #BundtBakers have been up to this past month. Here are the links to this month's "Sprinkles" Bundts:
- Black Onyx Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
- Bourbon Walnut Pound Cake from Magnolia Days
- Bubblegum Frosted Funfetti Vanilla Bean Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt Cake Extra Chocolateado from la mejor manera de hacer...
- Celebration Confetti Bundt Cake from Cali's Cuisine
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake from Tea and Scones
- Chocolate Sprinkles Sour Cream Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Chocolate Walnut Cake with Sprinkles from FoodJam
- Confetti Bundt Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Crazy Coco Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Eggless Vanilla Confetti Bundt Cake from SimplyVeggies
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Funfetti Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food & Cooking
- 'Guild the Lily' Bundt from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Irish Butter Chocolate Sprinkle Cake with Ganache from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jammin' Jimmies Bundt from Noshing With The Nolands
- Nutella Bundt with Nutella Glaze from Food Lust People Love
- Oatmeal Cookie Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from The Spiced Life
- Orange Dreamscicle Confetti Cake from Our Good Life
- Pistachio Sprinkle Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Raspberry Ricotta Bundt Cake from Brunch With Joy
- Red Velvet Sprinkle Explosion Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Sprinkled Jelly Donut Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Sprinkles of Love Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Sprinkled Bundt Cake from The Freshman Cook
- Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Sprinkles from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Vanilla Bundt Cake with Sprinkles from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Vanilla Mini Bundts from Passion Kneaded
- Watermelon Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.