This month's #BundtBakers theme: Naughty or Nice. Because perception is reality, I chose to be Nice...
Holiday season is always an excessively busy time of year! Candy Cane Bundt Cake is an impressive yet simple addition to a holiday party. Use of cake mix makes this festive cake a snap. I have always been a pro- cake mix home baker. It is sometimes difficult to get a scratch cake recipe 'balanced.' When making a bundt cake from scratch, you will often not know until turning the cake out of the pan. If the cake crumbles into a million pieces, it is very disappointing.
Cake mixes were developed to be very forgiving, meaning if too much or too little of any of the added ingredients will still yield a decent end product. Allowing you more time to be naughty...
CANDY CANE BUNDT CAKE
- 1 white cake mix (16.25 oz / 461 g), (not with 'pudding in the mix')
- 1 small box (3.4 oz / 96 g) vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons red food color
- 1 teaspoon alkalized cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare bundt pan with shortening and flour.
- Blend cake mix with pudding mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites, oil, water, sour cream and peppermint extract.
- Blend 30 seconds on low speed of electric mixer. Scrape bowl. Mix 2 minutes on medium.
- To 3/4 cup cake mix batter, add red food color and cocoa powder until well incorporated.
- Add half of the white cake batter to the bundt pan and spread evenly. Spread red colored batter on top and finally layer the remaining white batter.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in bundt pan. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine confectioner's sugar with milk and corn syrup beating well with electric hand mixer.
- Drizzle icing on cake and top with baking chips.
I'm quite impressed with what the other #BundtBakers have been baking up this month to celebrate the 'Naughty or Nice' theme selected by our host Olivia at Liv for Cake. Please take some time to look at these fun bundt cakess to see who's been naughty and who's been nice:
- Amaretto Almond Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Angel Food Bundt Cake with Cranberry Filling and Lemon Glaze by Taking On Magazines
- Anise Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Bundtcake Especiado by La mejor manera de hacer...
- Candy Cane Bundt by Cali's Cuisine
- Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
- Christmas Fruitcake by Tea and Scones
- Christmas Rose Bundt Cake by Living the Gourmet
- Cranberry Spice Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Pound Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundts with Cream Cheese Frosting by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Hot Buttered Rum Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Maple Pecan Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Naughty and Nice Kahlua Gingerbread Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Old Fashioned Marble Cake Bundt by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Peppermint Candy Cane Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Spiced Fruitcake by Magnolia Days
- Spiced Ginger Bundt Cake with Caramel Brandy Sauce by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Spiced Rum Eggnog Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice Cake by Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Super Naughty Chocolate Whiskey Bacon Jam Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite A Whiskered Accomplice
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.