Summer is in full swing in Northern California...which means the Farmer's Market is filled with a vast array of fresh fruits and veggies - among them apricots! This recipe pairs apricots with my new obsession: baking mini quick bread loafs. Mini quick breads make a fun food gift, breakfast, snack or dessert. The burst of tart apricot surrounded by lightly spiced sweet bread is delicious!
MINI APRICOT-ALMOND LOAVES
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh apricots
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix flour, almond flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Batter will be very stiff.
- Fold in apricots.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 greased and floured mini loaf pan cavities (loaf dimension 4-in long x 2.5-in wide x 1.5-in high) and bake 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days.