My grandmother made the absolute best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I remember she would store them in the deep freezer and we would sneak them and consume frozen whenever we had the opportunity. When I was old enough, I asked my grandmother for her recipe. I was surprised to learn it was the recipe from the Quaker Oats oatmeal box!
I have made some adjustments to the recipe to make it a bit more interesting...
Mini M&Ms milk chocolate baking bits in combination with mini chocolate chips give uniform chocolateness throughout the cookie. Addition of almond flour in lieu of adding chopped nuts gives a bit more flavor complexity. A perfect cookie!
OATMEAL, M&M AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 10-oz package M&Ms minis milk chocolate baking bits
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and add to creamed mixture until well combined.
- Add oats, M&Ms and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Cool 2 minutes and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
SOURCE: Modified from Chewy Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies from Quaker Oats