This dish was the result of prepping a meal with what was available in our kitchen at the time. The result was a raging success that has been requested several times since its debut. It is a simple, meatless meal that is ready in a matter of minutes. A perfect summertime dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 cups sliced squash (yellow crookneck, zucchini, pattypan, etc.)
- 1-2 julienned onions
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 pound orecchiette, cooked according to manufacturer's directions
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sauté squash and onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Gently fold in cooked orecchiette.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
Time to prepare is approximately 25-30 minutes.
NOTE: Our favorite sun-dried tomato basil is made by Classico. We use an entire 8.1 ounce jar for this recipe.