Marinated and grilled chicken (cut in half horizontally to allow for quick and even cooking) topped with a healthy portion of veggies is super easy to prepare (although there is quite a bit of chopping involved).
- 4 skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut in half horizontally
- marinade for chicken (such as Garlic, Herb & Wine from McCormick® Grill Mates®
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (half pound)
- 2 cups diced zucchini (two small)
- 3 cups seeded and diced Roma tomatoes (about 4 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- Marinate chicken per package directions.
- Grill chicken until done. Keep chicken warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini; cook until mushrooms soften (about 4-5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato, onion, basil and vinegar. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Serve vegetables over chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
Chicken Bruschetta was adapted from a 2004 recipe in Cooking Light magazine.